Aromatic Apothecary Head Combo
Aromatic Apothecary Head Combo pain relief products roll-spray-combo.
10ML Head A Care
Keep Head A Combo close by for when a headache hit.
A combination of the unique Head A Care mini roll on for migraines and headaches. Is now accompanied by the unique HeadASniff. An inhaler which helps relieves the tension of migraines and headaches by inhaling the scent of Lavender, Peppermint and Marjoram. Simply have a quick sniff and let the combination soothe you.
Aromatherapy is the art and science of using essential oils, extracted from aromatic plants. The aim is to improve and maintain the health and well-being of the body, mind and spirit. An essential oil is an oily substance derived from an aromatic plant. In the plant, these chemicals act as the plant hormone and give the plant its characteristics. These chemicals are the essence of the plant. It is only called an essential oil after extraction. It is the aroma part of the plant that is therapeutic.
A carrier oil is a vegetable oil extracted from certain nuts or vegetables that are non-aromatic. These oils act as a base or carrier for the essential oils. They must be odourless, colourless, light and fresh.
HISTORY OF AROMATHERAPY
Aromatherapy has been prevalent throughout the ages, dating back to 3 000 BC
21st Century: With the stresses of modern day life and the increase in the use of complementary medicine, people are turning more and more to the world of Aromatherapy in various forms and applications. They are using the oils to reduce stress and improve health and well-being
There are many ways of using Aromatherapy in everyday life, but these are the most common methods of use:
- Bath – diluted or premixed essential oils in a carrier oil (or neat)
- Massage – therapist and self-massage
- Vapour – aromatherapy burner, vapouriser, tissue
- Through the skin.
- In the lungs.
- Via the feet.
- Olfaction: via the nose to the limbic system. Interaction with the forebrain & cerebellum to modulate feelings of joy, misery, love and hate and memory stimulation.
- Euphorics stimulate the thalamus to produce enkephalins. These act as painkillers and make us feel uplifted.
- Aphrodisiac oils stimulate the pituitary gland to secrete endorphins. Which create euphoria and positive sexual feelings.
- Sedative oils stimulate the raphe nucleus to produce serotonin, affecting moods and causes sedation.
- Stimulating oils affect the locus ceruleus to release noradrenalin which is a stimulant.