Sesame Tahini is made from crushed sesame seeds and nothing else. Sesame tahini is great as a dip on its own and is also a major ingredient in hummus, baba ghanoush and halva.
Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds. It’s extremely versatile and can be used in cooking sweet as well as savory dishes. Even better, it’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals!
- Rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and also iron.
- A good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
- It’s one of the best sources of calcium out there.
- High in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 as well as B15.
- Helps to promote healthy cell growth.
- Prevent anemia.
- Maintain healthy skin and muscle tone.
- It has 20% complete protein, making it a higher protein source than most nuts.
- It’s easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content, which is also great for assisting in weight loss.
- High in unsaturated fat (good fat!)